The re-use of scientific data has the potential to greatly increase communication, collaboration and synthesis within and among disciplines, and thus is fostered, supported and encouraged. Permission to use this Data Set is granted to the Data User free of charge subject to the following terms:
- Acceptable Use: Use of the Data Set will be restricted to academic, research, government or other not-for-profit professional purposes.
- Citation: It is considered a matter of professional ethics to acknowledge the work of other scientists. Thus, the Data User will properly attribute the Data Set in any publications or in the metadata of any derived data products that were produced using the Data Set.
- Acknowledgment: The Data User should acknowledge any institutional support or specific funding awards referenced in the metadata accompanying this Data Set in any publications where the Data Set contributed to its content. Please use this acknowledgment statement: "Data for the New England Dams Database was provided by the National Science Foundation's Research Infrastructure Improvement NSF #IIA-1539071." Data Users obtaining and using removed dams data from the New England Dams Database must additionally cite the American Rivers' Removed Dams Database as the source of these data. This database is revised and updated annually with information provided by contributors across the country. The database may be used by anyone provided that citation is given to American Rivers and the DOI link is included. Suggested Citation: American Rivers. 2017. Raw Dataset – ARDamRemovalList_figshare_2016. figshare. Available: https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.5234068. Retrieved: TIME, DATE.
- Consultation and Questions: Data Users are strongly encouraged to consult with the Principal Investigator(s) who collected these data for further information. Also, when appropriate, Data Users should consider including the Principal Investigator as a collaborator and/or co-author in the use of these data. For questions about the data that are not answered in the New England Dams Database Metadata Record, please contact Kelly Addy.
- Notification: The Data User will notify the Principal Investigator of any publication or derivative work based on the Data Set.
- Disclaimer: While substantial efforts are made to ensure the accuracy of data and documentation contained in this Data Set, complete accuracy of data and metadata cannot be guaranteed. All data and metadata are made available "as is". The Data User holds all parties involved in the production or distribution of the Data Set harmless for damages resulting from its use or interpretation.
- Terms of Agreement: By accepting this Data Set, the Data User agrees to abide by the terms of this agreement. The Data Owner shall have the right to terminate this agreement immediately by written notice upon the Data User's breach of, or non-compliance with, any of its terms. The Data User may be held responsible for any misuse that is caused or encouraged by the Data User's failure to abide by the terms of this agreement.